In 2016, the state of Texas experienced 3,773 fatalities from car crashes. Thousands of other Texans were involved in other non-fatal crashes.
Those statistics just begin to paint the picture, though.
Texas Motor Vehicle Crashes – By the Numbers
- Every 57 seconds, one reportable crash happened.
- Every 2 hours and 20 minutes, one person was killed in a crash.
- Every 1 minute and 59 seconds, one person was injured in a crash.
- The number of people who sustained a serious injury from a crash was 17,582.
- The number of people injured in crashes was 265,076.
- Over 43% of those individuals killed in crashes were not wearing seat belts or restraints.
- Accidents involving one vehicle that ran off the road killed